Facebook provides its users several privacy options, including the ability to lock your profile. Locking a person’s profile gives a selective glimpse of users’ profiles not on Facebook’s friend list. A locked profile would reveal only individuals on the friend’s list of images and posts on the timeline, profile picture and cover shot, stories, and new posts. Their ‘public’ updates will now no longer be public and only open to friends. You can either lock your Facebook profile from the smartphone app or the browser, although it should be noticed that the Facebook desktop edition does not have the option of locking your profile. Still, there is a workaround.
Lock the profile on Facebook with a smartphone app
- To use the Android mobile app to lock your Facebook profile:
- Open the Facebook window, tap your profile and then select
- Next to ‘Add to Story.’ tap the three-dot menu icon.
- Here, you should see a choice for Lock Profile; Tap it.
- The next page will give you a briefing on how to lock your profile at the bottom, tap on it, and how it works.
- You’re going to see a pop-up that says ‘You Locked Your Profile,’ and press OK.
The measures are the same on both the mobile and laptop apps if you want to unlock your Facebook profile. You can now see the Unlock Profile button in place of the Lock Profile option, select it, and press Unlock on the next page. You can see a brief that works on unlocking your profile and a chance at the bottom to unlock your profile; press it, and your profile will open up.